Friday, December 16, 2011

An Honest Eulogy

What do you do when it's your birthday?  Does it cause you to be more self reflective?  Do you think about the the year gone by or do you think of the year to come?  Does it make you pine away wistfully for your youthful years?  Or does it make you young folk wish to be older than you are?

Birthdays make me quite pensive. I start to review my life on all levels.  But mostly I think, "am I becoming more of the person that I want to be?"  If I died today, what would those that knew me have to say about me?  Could they get up and be honest, or would they say a lot of things because it's not kind to speak ill of the dead?

How would your honest eulogy read?

1 comment:

  1. It's all very interesting to me how I posted the above blog just a few days before finding out that my grandpa died. It never crossed my mind at the time that we'd be preparing for this. The blog post started on my birthday and then it just morphed into what you see. The title changed too. But I guess it was really how I've been feeling and it was meant to be written the way it was and when it was. I really want to grow and change and be a person that I can be proud of. This year I've had one too many not so proud moments. Though I am always working on me it never seems to be at the right pace (i.e. fast enough). I know I know, patience.

    ReplyDelete