Saturday, May 21, 2011

Absorbing & assimilating


I will be starting yoga teacher school on Sunday.  I know that this is going to be a life altering journey and quite an experience so I think I'm going to share my experiences over the next four months here.


Smrti: (Memory, the holding fast of the impressions of objects that one has experienced) There are people who live in their past experiences, even though the past is beyond recall. Their sad or happy memories keep them chained to the past and they cannot break their fetters. ~Light on Yoga, B.K.S. Iyengar (pg 23)

My thoughts on this:
Past does not necessarily mean 10 - 15 years ago.  Can we let go of pain caused right here and now in this moment? Each passing moment is the past. Do we hold on to the past clinging to it as if our pain is some badge of honor? Is the clinging is hurting anyone other than ourselves?


No comments:

Post a Comment