Friday, July 29, 2011

Practice and all is coming

Practice and all is coming was often said by K. Patthbi Jois

I am not going to whine or complain here.  I am going to practice.  The best thing that I can do is take it to the mat.  I have more yoga anatomy books than I can shake a stick at right now.  I am delving into anatomy and trying to make sure that I have a firm grasp on it.  Yes I'm a massage therapist so I do know anatomy but there's a lot that I've forgotten. These yoga anatomy books are certainly refreshing my memory!  But what helps the most is getting in the postures and letting my body speak to me. What feels right, what feels wrong.  What takes me deeper into the posture (the breath) and what makes me want to get out of the posture sooner (not breathing).  In any given posture I focus on expanding the chest, elongate the spine, open the hips, keep my shoulders away from my ears and pull my should blades together and and and.....................
There are so many subtle things that are happening in asana practice that anything else should be the least of my worries.

So my motto right now is practice because all is coming!



This is yoga on the mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment